Wednesday, September 9, 2009

the Sitges Film Festival


So the other day I got an email. It was an invitation to the Sitges Festival Internacional de Cinema Fantàstic. It is the biggest fantasy film festival in the world. At first, I sat there thinking someone was playing a joke on me. I submitted my senior thesis film to the festival a couple months ago, but almost immediately assumed that there was no chance I would get in. This is a festival that caters to the great of the greats. As my realization slowly surfaced I began to lose my breath. Before doing anything, I got up and paced back and forth around the house for a few hours, not knowing what to do with myself.

The shock has finally settled, and the work has begun. My email inbox has been busier in the last 2 days than its ever been. Last night I booked the cheapest flight and hotel I could find. I am now officially $20,000 in debt, counting this trip and my student loan I'm trying to pay off.

I leave for Barcelona Spain on September 30th. I will be getting back October 14th.

Until we meet again.








No comments:

Post a Comment