Sunday, October 4, 2009

keep your camera loaded for crazy.



I have had a very eventful last two days. Saturday morning I was wandering aimlessly around the city when I bumped into Erin Boyes, the actress and producer of Nomansland, the film that is screening with mine. She had come with her brother Brendan, and had only been in the city for a few hours. We hit it off well and traveled around together. We saw many good films that day. Later that evening we wound up at a party being hosted by the festival. We met Dave Parker and Rob Burnette, the Director and the Producer of "The Hills Run Red", a slasher flick released by Warner Brothers. We talked for quite a few hours, and all traveled to another club when that party ended. We convinced them to come to our screening the next day, and they did. They liked both shorts so much, that they convinced the festival Directors to screen them both a second time before their showing. So now I'm preparing for my second, unscheduled, showing taking place monday night. I also met Angel Sala, the festival Director, and Mike Hostench, the deputy festival director, who both had great things to say about my film. Mike came out on stage and introduced my film personally to the audience. The showing went very well. Tomorrow Erin, Brendan and i are going to Barcelona for the day, and will be back that evening to appear at our screening.

I got to see "Pandorum" as well. I sat right behind the Director, Christian Alvert. I met him at the party later that night, and we talked for a good long while about his film. A very nice, down to earth guy.

If you haven't seen "The Orphan" go see it as soon as possible. It's one of the best suspense films I've seen in a long time. I also got to hear the director, Jaume Collet- Serra, speak. With him was Isabelle Fuhrmun, the little girl who played the titular character.

After our screening this evening, we went to the bar in the Hotel Melia and socialized for quite a while. Once that bar closed, Rob dragged us all to the last open bar in the city, where we all talked some more. We left around 6 AM.

If I said things were going well, that would be an understatement.

Until we meet again.

5 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLE! AWESOME MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo awesome Aaron!!! Sounds like you are having great success. May there be much more in your future!!! ~pete savage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron,
    I am so happy for you, I wish that I was there. So the HDCAm tapes are playing OK?
    I am looking for that Post Card! :>)
    Arledge

    ReplyDelete
  4. if a puttputt could putt putts? We have been following the blog. Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really happy for you dude, I hope you have much success with everything while you are there! I hope you get to meet several other filmmakers along the way. BTW, have you seen Ridley yet?!?!?! :-D

    -Tommy

    ReplyDelete