Thursday, October 1, 2009




Had a very eventful day. I got on the plane in Asheville, were I happened to run into Charles Elmer, a recent communication graduate from western whom I'd taken a few film courses with. He was headed to Florida for a few days. And that was the last familiar face I saw. I spent around 9 hours on the flight from Atlanta to Madrid. I made it in to Barcelona around 1:30 PM. There were drivers from the Sitges Festival waiting at the terminals. The drive over took about 20 minutes. They took us to the Hotel Melia, the site of the Auditori, the festivals biggest auditorium. There I met Aram Garriga, the deputy Guest Coordinator, and Salvador Colom, part of the guest hospitality staff. He helped me get my pass and found a car to take me to my hotel, which was a little bit further away than I thought. I unpacked and then found my way back to the Melia. It's about a 25 minute walk from my hotel. My hotel is situated right next to the water and is very easy to find. On the way back to the Melia, I passed the church of Sant Bartomeu i Santa Tecla, pictured. I got to the Melia and received my film catalog and schedule. I then reserved some tickets for Friday. The rest of the evening I made my way around the city, familiarizing myself with it. I found a nice little street side cafe and had some pasta. At this point I had been awake for over 24 hours and decided to crash.

1 comment: